Monday, December 7, 2009

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009 (David Tan)

as with the most of you all, there was not much training due to work but the usual 11 to 12km jog once a week. Longest run was 30km in Oct. But what i find that did work for me was to take it very easy the first 30km. I was going like 8-9.5max for the first 30km and then increase the speed to to 10-10.5km. I opted for this strategy and even follow the 5:15hr pacers. After the 30km that was when i caught up with the rest. The last 36-42km was quite torturous actually. Ate 3 gels (two accel gels and 1 4xsodium power gel) and I banana in total. No salt tablets were further consumed. Legs aching but i expected it. Maybe next race I will take out my compression tights and give it a try during the run. Seems to be the fashion :)

No comments: