Monday, December 7, 2009

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009 (Michael Tan)

I run the 1st 30k (3.20), David Tan overtook me as I jog the next 4k, overtook Ivan as I heave, limp the next 8k and then pretend to run the rest of the 200m like I had ran the whole 42k to came in at 5.12.

When I finally finished I wasn’t feeling good, I felt like fainting understand that I maybe dehydrated…I thought I’ve drank quite a bit of water along the way...not sure what happened?

Whatever the case, I’m having mixed feeling right now. No post marathon pain at all, I reckon yesterday massage definitely help and matter of fact felt like going for a recovery run later…this kind of make me feel a little guilty for not pushing hard enough…Yes, I missed my sub 5 hrs target again….x$%2@

Like Terence, I also did not manage to put in my planned weekday mileage…too busy at the bar drinking…and so my thought on this is not more frequent short runs vs the less frequent long run. With our base, most of us can complete a 5 hour marathon but to do a PB…you better run and run and more run.

My SCB timing:
2005 – 6.59
2006 – 5.16
2007 – 5.06
2008 – DNS
2009 – 5.12

So what are we doing next?

No comments: