Monday, April 27, 2009

Ironman China account by Jeffrey

I remembered writing a long race report for IM Port Mac. However, for this race....it was so... hot that I could barely remember the details:

Swim: struggled on lap 1...got pulled by another swimmer cos I think he’s trying to hang on to something as he’s being drifted away...ha ha. Lap 2...swam smarter...head against strong current and it took me downstream to pass the buoy....barely need to swim on the downstream...

Bike: Started bike with a bad cut on the toe...very uncomfortable. My bike pace picked up after 10km of muscle loosen up...and had a decent ride

Run: Unforgettable...only this to descirbe “i think my brain is ready to eat L”...running is zero shade at 42C is an emotional roller coaster....wanting to walk cos its just so painful..devil says ‘give up lah...so hot...worth it meh??....but i’ve never given up in any race before and told myself this should not be the one...even if i need to walk...i’ll walk to complete

Volunteers: fantastic! Kept shouting jia you jia you...best part about aid stn is when i just stood next to the pale...volunteers will shower you with the ice cold water...enough to last me through the next stn

Organizer: they still need to improve on their plannings and venue selection

Verdict: don’t think I’ll race China again...but then you’ll never know J

No comments: